[Interest] find executable in Qt 4.8

noname freekee1 at gmx.de
Wed Oct 12 13:14:38 CEST 2016

Hi,

I don't know about anything alike in Qt4, but reading the docs it seems
quite straightforward and not too much work to implement that function
yourself?
Of course, it depends on how to detect "executables". By name, maybe
trying out extensions (like ".exe", ".bat", ".cmd" on Windows) would be
easy and fast (regarding performance). Parsing the file (or just
checking the magic number) header might be some more work (and be
somewhat slower) I guess.
Only thing requiring more effort, as I imagine, might be to
differenciate many platforms or ones very different from the "common"
ones (Windows, Linux, etc.).

kind regards