[Interest] Advise on setting up documentation for a project (Qt Help Framework or not)

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:16:48 CEST 2016

Elvis:

I write my manual & tutorials in HTML using a text editor - I use Atom or
TextWrangler - depends what I'm doing.  I include the HTML/css with my
application in a Documentation directory.

In my application I have items in the Help menu which open the HTML files
in the user's browser.  I also include some of this content online so
having it in HTML removes duplication of effort.

I do not provide PDFs as well - I figure if they want a PDF they can "Print
to PDF" and it's one less thing for me to maintain/verify/include.  The
documentation includes css which includes proper pagination and formatting
for printing/PDF.

(FWIW I work in a very niche market.  I might choose to do something
different if I were writing something for mass consumption or had a lot
more resources.)

Good luck!

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com