[Interest] Font rendering depending on the QPA plugin?

Michał 'Khorne' Lowas-Rzechonek michalrz at socialbicycles.com
Thu Oct 13 15:18:57 CEST 2016

On 07/10/16 19:37, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
>> In the end, flipping the '-(no)-fontconfig' doesn't seem to have any
>> effect at all.

Alright, so I've taken a different route and attached myself to
QPlatformScreen instead of QPlatformWindow.

I've copied most of the implementation (namely window composition) from
linuxfb QPA plugin and replaced drawing functions - instead of
mmap()ping framebuffer device, I simply paint to a QImage in memory.

Surprisingly, this helped with font rendering...

Yet another piece of know-how, I guess!

cheers
--
Michał 'Khorne' Lowas-Rzechonek