[Interest] Advise on setting up documentation for a project (Qt Help Framework or not)

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:53:20 CEST 2016

> Hi,
>
>> All in all, I'm very interested in how all of you Qt Widgets using
>> folks do your user manuals, if you use Qt Help or not, and if you
>> publish in other ways. E.g. do you provide PDFs as well?
>
> what about Doxygen? I use it for documenting my code as well as writing
> manuals (more for developer then for customer, but that does not
> matter). The output is fully customizable
> http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/customize.html and with
> \page, \section, and \link you can easily write good manuals. If you
> like, Markdown is also supported
> (http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/markdown.html) as well as
> many output formats like HTML, PDF or QCH.
>
> While writing the documentation pages only once, multiple doxygen
> configuration files can produce different manuals with different scopes.
> E.g. once configuration file for a pure user manual, one for developers
> and one only for the API documentation...
>
> For me, Doxygen fits all my needs
> (https://blog.qt.io/blog/2014/08/13/qt-weekly-17-linking-qt-classes-in-documentation-generated-with-doxygen/).
>
> In the end it's just a matter of taste :)

Ah, thanks Lorenz. I should look into Doxygen too. I've of course used
that a lot for code, and at the back of my mind I probably knew it
should be capable for general documentation as well, just forgot about
good old Doxygen while looking trawling through newer fancy solutions
:) I'll definitely look into it before making a decision.

Elvis