[Interest] Memory consumption when starting QML application

Shantanu Tushar shaan7in at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 19:00:49 CEST 2016

Hi,

Using a Loader in this case is the ideal solution. Our application also has
multiple "screens" that we load lazily. Some of them are loaded only when
the user navigates to them, and some of them are loaded after a slight
delay.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Marco Trapanese <marcotrapanese at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Il 04/09/2016 12:57, Nils Jeisecke ha scritto:
>
> Hi!
>
> I don't think this is a general problem.
>
> I've seen this behaviour when for example using a repeater on a filter
> model. If initially no filter is set, the repeater will happily
> instantiate delegates for every model item. Those will then be
> destroyed as soon as the filter becomes active, which can happen due
> to late property binding.
>
> Maybe you could check your code for such situations.
>

> Thanks for the suggestion.
> I don't think this is such a case.
>
> My code (I'm afraid I cannot share it with you) is pretty simple.
> I have a Main.qml where I load all other "pages":
>
>     Rectangle {
>         width: 1024
>         height: 1024
>         color: "black"
>         visible: false
>
>         Rectangle {
>             width: parent.width * 3
>             height: parent.width * 3
>             x: parent.x - (width / 2 - parent.width / 2)
>             y: 0
>
>             color: "transparent"
>             PageOne {}
>             PageTwo {}
>             PageThree {}
>             PageEleven {}
>         }
>     }
>
> Each "page" component will be repositioned as the user select them.
> Commenting out some components leads to reducing the initial GPU RAM peak
> usage.
> Perhaps I need to double check if I can load each page only when requested
> (i.e. w/ Loader?)
>
> Marco

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
shantanu.io