[Interest] Roadmap for Qt Widget Styles. WindowsVista? Fusion? Other?

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 27 09:52:37 CEST 2016

27.10.2016, 09:57, "Phil Weinstein" <philw at indra.com>:
> Thiago, thanks so much for this clarity.  Absolutely.  We will be upgrading to VS 2015 soon after our upcoming major release.  (Using VS 2010 at this point is, decidedly, nuts).  (So was taking until now to finish our upgrade from Qt 4.8 to Qt 5-anything).
>
> I had noticed a note in Qt 5.7 indicating that VS 2012 or later is required.  But no such note appeared with Qt 5.6.2.  (That's building as we speak).  It's encouraging to hear that you believe that 5.6.2 should work (with VS 2010 SP1).  (I think I'm understanding that correctly).

Yes, you understood correctly.

You can also build QtWebKit 5.6.2 [1] with VS2010, or use tip of 5.6 git branch
(which already contains additional fixes to be included into 5.6.3)

Unfortunately, VS2015 (or MinGW >= 4.9, port is almost finished) is required
to build fresh WebKit because of its heavy use of C++ 11

[1] http://download.qt.io/community_releases/5.6/5.6.2/

--
Regards,
Konstantin