[Interest] ComboBox with hintText?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Oct 31 16:23:16 CET 2016

I'm trying to have a QML ComboBox with a hint text capability, but none of my efforts are panning out. The idea is that the combobox has an unpicked initial state, and supplied a hint as to what the combobox contains. Once a selection is made the combobox functions normally.

I'm having trouble creating my own. I'm attempting to sue a Text + Combobox, but the model of the combobox does not update when the model is obtained from the server, and there seems to be no way to programatically open a ComboBox in QML.

So I'm here to ask, has this been solved before?