[Interest] Running QtQuick programs in Android virtual device

Wolfgang Baron Wolfgang.Baron at gmx.net
Sun Sep 4 14:05:03 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to run programs containing QtQuick in an Android virtual
device (AVD), so I do not need an army of physical devices for doing
testing. However, running any QtQuick program on any AVD (Windows 10
host, Qt-5.7, Android x86) I tried gives me a white or a black screen
and lots of error messages about OpenGL.

I have not run all examples from the Qt-5.7 release, but among others,
the gallery applications of QtQuick Controls 1 and 2 fail. Widget
programs like "animatedtiles" work nicely.

Has anone successfully run QtQuick programs on an AVD? Is there a trick
to make AVDs usable for QtQuick development?

Thanks for any hints!