[Interest] Qt Versioning Questions

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Sep 14 17:48:38 CEST 2016

> Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 11:05 AM
> From: "Kai Koehne" <Kai.Koehne at qt.io>
> To: "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>, "Interests Qt" <interest at qt-project.org>
> Subject: RE: [Interest] Qt Versioning Questions

Thanks for the insight. If it says April, well... the 5.7 FF was in February, and it was released in June. So 5.8 FF is now, release 5.8 in January (realistically), Announce 5.9 FF, release ~6 months later puts it in June... I think realistically we are looking at August 2017 since most Qt releases slip 2 months from the original plan, which is why I said a year from now*. (But I'd love to be wrong.)

*Wild speculation since https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.9_Release doesn't exist yet. ;-)