[Interest] What don't you like about Qt?

Bo Thorsen bo at vikingsoft.eu
Mon Sep 19 11:20:07 CEST 2016

Okay, I'll bite:

* Poor standard of some modules - Qt Multimedia and Qt Components especially
* Too much focus on features instead of fixing bugs
* Designer plugin development/deployment sucks (should be in a scripting
language or json, and should be possible to do per project)
* Current gerrit workflow make Qt contributions a pain to get started with
* Javascript chosen as the scripting language for Qt (see this for
giggles: https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/wat)
* Commercial pricing is impossible to figure out for my customers
* Not using exceptions (I know, won't happen, and most appreciate this)

Compared to the awesome quality and completeness of Qt, those are minor
points. I've been a happy Qt coder for almost 20 years now and hope for
20 more :)

Bo Thorsen,
Director, Viking Software.

--