[Interest] console on OSX

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Sep 19 23:46:49 CEST 2016

On segunda-feira, 19 de setembro de 2016 13:51:00 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 19 de setembro de 2016 21:56:12 PDT Alexander CarĂ´t wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > in my pro file I added CONFIG += console in order to have console output.
> >
> > This works fine on Windows but on OSX the console does not show up.
> >
> > Is there anything I need to add ?
>
> You need to launch Terminal.app yourself. No Unix executable format has a
> field to indicate that the application should be run in a terminal.

Update: the executable formats don't, but the .desktop file format does.

https://specifications.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s05.html
shows an entry "Terminal" which you can set to true. So when your application
is launched via its .desktop file, the environment will run it in a terminal.

For macOS, there may be something equivalent in the Info.plist file for your
bundle. Please consult Apple documentation.