[Interest] Swift and Qt? (formally?)

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 07:39:31 CEST 2016

Am 19.09.16 um 18:52 schrieb Robert Iakobashvili:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>> There is a 9-month old github; https://github.com/msorvig/qt-and-swift for integrating the two.
>>
>> Are there any plans for formal Qt support of Swift? Obj-C is painful.
>
> +2

As far as I know there is no "Swift++" compiler available, that is a
compiler which can compile "Swift + C++", right? In analogy to ObjC++.

So unless that's the case the common denominator between "Qt" and
"Swift" is C. Of course one could "wrap" the Qt objects - somehow - into
C structures and make them "look" like objects (and vice versa). But
that would be a clumsy approach.

So unless we do have C++ support in Swift my guess is that Qt can do
little here.

Cheers, Oliver