[Interest] What don't you like about Qt?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue Sep 20 09:23:03 CEST 2016

Op 19/09/2016 om 22:49 schreef Thiago Macieira:
> On segunda-feira, 19 de setembro de 2016 18:35:43 PDT Etienne Sandré-
> Chardonnal wrote:
>> Yes, but for instance you can't move-pass an object between signals and
>> slots across a queued connection, unless I'm wrong. You have to make your
>> object implicitely shared. This causes lots of copies when passing a
>> std::vector, for instance.
> Correct. You may have more than one slot connected to the same signal, so move
> semantics don't make sense to signal-slot connections: if we moved to the first
> destination, then the second would receive a moved-from object.

In theory, one could perhaps make a second connect to a signal with move
semantics fail, or you could just allow a user to cut himself there,
just like C++ itself does. At least, I am not aware of any mechanism in
C++ itself that would protect against doing a move on the same object
twice. So why should Qt?

André