[Interest] SSL broken hard on OSX

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Sep 21 21:02:16 CEST 2016

> Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 2:07 PM
> From: "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>
> To: "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
> Cc: interest at qt-project.org
> Subject: Re: [Interest] SSL broken hard on OSX
>

> > > Does anyone know how I can fix (not hide) these issues?
> >
> > Option 1) upgrade OpenSSL
> >
> > Option 2) use the native backend (SecureTransport) for SSL, not OpenSSL.
> > SecureTransport is the default in Qt 5.6.
>
> Thanks Thiago! But instructions are there instructions? Questions I have:
> 1. Which OpenSSL?
> a. How do I identify which OpenSSL Qt is using
> b. How do I upgrade it? (Brew?)
> c. Must I specify a custom version in the .pro
> 2. How do I use SecureTransport in Qt? (I googled)
> a. Is this a .pro option?
> b. Is this a recompile Qt thing?

While I'm still curios about SecureTransport...

Brew gave me this handy message:
$ brew link --force openssl
Warning: Refusing to link: openssl
Linking keg-only openssl means you may end up linking against the insecure,
deprecated system OpenSSL while using the headers from Homebrew's openssl.
Instead, pass the full include/library paths to your compiler e.g.:
  -I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include -L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib

LIBS += -L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib
Works!