[Interest] Current QDataStream format documentation?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:39:02 CEST 2016

>> > It doesn't exist. You'll have to write it.
>>
>> I'm not the one who made the changes, so I don't know what they are.
>> Whomever made the change should not have considered the task complete until
>> the unit tests were written and the documentation updated.
>
> That's not the point. It's not a requirement to update the documentation of
> the datastream format. Therefore, the documentation doesn't exist.
>
> If you need it, you'll have to write it yourself. And then you can contribute
> it to the Qt Project.

Not saying that I'm up for it (time...), or knowing if it would be
feasible, but perhaps the burden of creating and maintaining that
table could be lessen by some automated approach? E.g. have some
special doc comment syntax for the << and >> operators that can be
sucked out by a script? (or something clang-based?)

Elvis