[Interest] Dealing with Qt 4.x docs in Google searches (Was: "What don't you like about Qt?")

Carel Combrink carel.combrink at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 08:12:32 CEST 2016

Using https://duckduckgo.com as my search engine helps a lot along with
their bangs <https://duckduckgo.com/bang>.

The !qt bang normally opens the search in the Qt 5 docs, for example
searching for `!qt QString <https://duckduckgo.com/?q=!qt+QString>` opens
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/search-results.html?q=QString

Most of the times I use the normal ! bang with the Qt version specified to
directly open a page that I am interested in. Thus a search for `! qt 5
QString <https://duckduckgo.com/?q=!+qt+5+QString>` opens
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/QString.html

Another example: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=!+qt+5+qgraphicsitem

Perhaps this might be useful for someone else.

Regards,