[Interest] Optimizations in debug configuration

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 02:50:17 CEST 2016

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> run qmake with -d -d switches and look for where that "-g -O2" is coming
> from.

The best I can tell it comes from this line:
QMAKE_CXXFLAGS = -g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/
qtbase-opensource-src-1gAkgj/qtbase-opensource-src-5.6.1+dfsg=.
-fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2

which is located in qmodule.pri (directory is
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs).
Which project include is made relevant by:
load(qt_build_config) # loads qmodule.pri if hasn't been loaded already

which I find in qt_module.prf. The latter I load directly in my module's
project file (at the end).