[Interest] What image format and size should I use in my QML app?

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Mon Sep 26 09:42:06 CEST 2016

Am 26.09.16 um 08:58 schrieb Артур Истомин:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 12:45:13AM +0200, ekke wrote:
>> You're talking about Material and Universal -
>> are you using QtQuickControls2 with Material / Universal ?
> Yes, exactly
then for different density you need your images also as @2 @3 @4 sizes

compared with Icon sizes provided by Google these are equal:
per ex. /action/ic_alarm_add

24dp:
/action/ios/ic_alarm_add.imageset/
ic_alarm_add.png
ic_alarm_add_2x.png --> rename into ic_alarm_add at 2.png
ic_alarm_add_3x.png --> rename into ic_alarm_add at 3.png
I also need @4 for high density devices, but Google only provides up to0
@3 under /ios
You can take it from here:
/action/ios/ic_alarm_48pt.imageset/
ic_alarm_48pt_2x.png --> rename into ic_alarm_add at 4.png

if you also need 18dp, 36dp... do it similar

be aware that there are black and white Images - depends on dark or
light theme what's recommended

> p.s. by the way, thank you for your excellent blog posts about
> creating apps with Qt Quick. This is the best that I found on
> Internet. They are real life and it is invaluable for novice like
> me.
thx
I also just started this yxear with Qt 5.7 / Qt Quick Controls 2 - did
4+ years BlackBerry10 mobile App Development

take a look at my example apps there are already many Images from Google
renamed and provided
it's some work but I like all these Icons for Google Material and
renaming is less work as designing my own

>> Am 25.09.16 um 22:21 schrieb Артур Истомин:
>>> I want to use images for icons from google's icons set.
>>> For example https://design.google.com/icons/#ic_search
>>>
>>> So I have options: 18dp, 24dp, 36dp, 48dp PNGs or SVGs. Moreover
>>> if I choose PNG format, there are 5 different images for different
>>> screens: hdpi, mdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi, xxxhdpi.
>>>
>>> My software targets Android and Windows (desktop) devices with different
>>> screens and resolution and will have Material and Universal UI respectively.
>>> The app is writen with Qt Quick.
>>>
>>> What should I use?
>>>
>>> Thank you!

ekke (ekkehard gentz)

independent software architect
international development native mobile business apps
BlackBerry 10 | Qt Mobile (Android, iOS)
workshops - trainings - bootcamps

*BlackBerry Elite Developer
BlackBerry Platinum Enterprise Partner*

max-josefs-platz 30, D-83022 rosenheim, germany
mailto:ekke at ekkes-corner.org
blog: http://ekkes-corner.org
apps and more: http://appbus.org

twitter: @ekkescorner
skype: ekkes-corner
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/ekkehard/
Steuer-Nr: 156/220/30931 FA Rosenheim, UST-ID: DE189929490