[Interest] QTimer::singleShot bug?

Alexander Dyagilev alervdvcw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 23:24:20 CEST 2016

Hello,

Windows 10.

EXE COM server application.

I create a separate thread at app start and create all the Qt stuff
(including application object) there.

One of my objects uses QTimer::singleShot.

An external app creates COM object of my EXE app and calls its method.

I have 2 scenarios:

1. I wait for my Qt objects to finish their work in this method. In this
scenario all is OK.

2. I do not wait and return immediately. The problem is that scheduled
call (via QTimer::singleShot) is never happen (and I'm sure it's
scheduled).

Qt thread continues to work and I'm sure that QTimer::singleShot was
called in it.

What is going on?