[Interest] QML WebView modules

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed Apr 5 13:21:12 CEST 2017

Not exactly. The terminology is arguably confusing here, but the "QtWebView" import comes from the "Qt WebView" module (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebview-index.html), which is a module that abstracts different rendering engines (Qt WebEngine, native) away behind a simple API.

So

---
import QtWebView 1.0

WebView {
  // ...
}
--
should work both on mobile and desktop. On Android, iOS and WinRT the native browsers are embedded, on all the rest Qt WebEngine is used (if available).

Regards

Kai