[Interest] smoothest way to zoom/pan QGraphicsView?

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 04:38:36 CEST 2017

I am implementing a pan and zoom on pinch via raw touch events and am finding setTransform() to be very slow, even with an empty scene. The touch events are backed up in a queue by slow synchronous calls to QGraphicsView.setTransform().

Without stripping down my code into a runnable example, is setTransform considered to be too slow for 60Hz frame-rate updates from touch events? If so, is there a better way to smoothly zoom and pan the graphics view?

Thanks!
-P