[Interest] Qt3D

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 14:18:44 CEST 2017

Hello guys,

Did anybody do any 3D project with new Qt3D? Did you do the scene
dynamically? I.e. did you allocate new and new QEntity with parent? Do
you see every QEntity? Does Qt3D stable?

A lot of questions.

I've played a little with Qt3D, I'm trying to implement 3D tree which
starts with one vertical branch and 2 leafs. First leaf I see, the
second - doesn't. It created but doesn't seen.

When I deleted leafs, i.e. winter came, they dissapear, it's ok. but in
spring I create new branches and leafs. They creates, but doesn't seen
on the scene.

In autumn I change colors of QPhongMaterial and my leaf becomes black...
Is it a bug? Or I miss something.

Why does the scene with ~20 QEntity eats so much CPU? 3 entities ~17%,
13 - ~ 40%, > 20 - ~75%, etc...

I'm new at Qt3D, so maybe it's my bugs, missunderstanding of something,
that is why I'm asking.

The first approximation is located here:
https://github.com/igormironchik/3Dtree

If you wnat you can look at it. I know that I have bug with placing a
leaf (and probably child branches)...