[Interest] Getting a QImage from an QML Image, protocol agnostic QImage?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Apr 11 16:05:57 CEST 2017

I am looking for a way to get the original pixel data from a Image element into QImage. A few ways just grab the image as rendered (returning less data if scaled down) but I want the full image.

I don't mind loading the pixel data for myself, but the Image element take s QUrl, and if passed to QImage(url) nothing except local files load, and I have to use url().path(). I'd like to pass the full URL to QImage("https://blah/file") and have it load synchronously.

Is there any way to do that?