[Interest] Bluetooth LE support for Windows

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Thu Apr 13 08:08:10 CEST 2017

From: Interest <interest-bounces+alexander.blasche=qt.io at qt-project.org> on behalf of Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org>

>When you ask for Windows please be more precise. Since I just saw your question in a related Jira task I know the context here.

There is no support for BTLE on Win32 in Windows 5.9. WInRT for BTLE central role was just finalised for Qt 5.9. I actually added a table to the QtBluetooth main documentation page:

https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.9/qtbluetooth-index.html

There you can see the current state of the union across all Qt platforms.

Then again, why not try the WinRT version. If you target Win10 as platform you should be able to develop using the WinRT/UWP backend too.

--
Alex