[Interest] Another query on GTK platform theme/style

Dan Allen dan at jerber.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 17:36:34 CEST 2017

Hi Thiago,

As a worse case, I'd be happy to use the gtk2 style. However, as I
stated in my original post, this doesn't appear to be compatible with
the gtk3 platform theme. This means I'd have to use the gtk2 platform
theme and that doesn't give a native look and feel in the latest
versions of Ubuntu Unity or Gnome (as dialogs etc look different).

I am a bit disappointed that Qt no longer has "built in" support to
provide a native look and feel for one of my target platforms as it's
one of the reasons I originally chose it. I can understand that it's a
lot of work to try and cover all Linux distributions, but I think the
most popular should be covered.

Where you stated this:

I did not mean temporary. It's permanent as long as the developers of this
platform theme plugin do not decide to submit their code to Qt. It's their
project, they can do whatever they want with it. Now, I don't know if anyone
has ever asked them. I, for one, didn't know it existed until a few hours ago.

Could you advise who you're referring to? Possibly a link to the project
page?

I'll also check out what you stated about Fedora. I don't know much
about Fedora at present but I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks for helping. Although it wasn't what I was hoping to hear, at
least I know the situation now.