[Interest] How to handle Touch Input on C++ side when extending QQuickItem

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Thu Apr 20 10:26:59 CEST 2017

Hi,

I would like to understand how can I handle a QQuickItem touch input when extending QQuickItem and creating my own item in C++

I can’t find documentation that explains this, neither examples. I have tried the following and none have worked.

What am I missing?

// Implementation

MyItem::MyItem(QQuickItem* parent) :
    QQuickItem(parent)
{
    setAcceptedMouseButtons(Qt::LeftButton);
    setFiltersChildMouseEvents(true);
    setKeepTouchGrab(true);
}

// Header

protected:
    void mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent *event) {
        QQuickItem::mousePressEvent(event);

        qDebug() << "mousePressEvent" << event->pos();
    }

    void mouseMoveEvent(QMouseEvent *event) {
        QQuickItem::mouseMoveEvent(event);

        qDebug() << "mouseMoveEvent" << event->pos();
    }

    void mouseReleaseEvent(QMouseEvent *event) {
        QQuickItem::mouseReleaseEvent(event);

        qDebug() << "mouseReleaseEvent" << event->pos();
    }

    void mouseReleaseEvent();

    void touchEvent(QTouchEvent* event) {
        qDebug() << "touch event" << event;
    }

    bool eventFilter(QObject *, QEvent *event)
    {
        qDebug() << "processing TouchUpdate...";

        if (event->type() == QEvent::TouchUpdate) {
        }
        // other Touch events here...

        return false;
    }