[Interest] Noob Stuck with QtIFW Code

Oliver Niebuhr googleersatz at oliverniebuhr.de
Sat Apr 22 14:08:28 CEST 2017

Hello List.

I started to move over from InnoSetup to QtIFW 2.0.5.

Definitely not because it is easier, but I want to have less work later
on, maintaining a Linux and a Windows Installer.

Being a total Noob with JavaScript: Thanks to the Example Documentation
and the provided Files, I finally got the Online Installer running as
well as Code for "installer.addWizardPages("blabla")" and partly some
Translation Stuff.

But no matter what I try, the following Code NEVER get called (or does
it get called but it just never shows up?):

function Controller(){}

Controller.prototype.IntroductionPageCallback = function() {
var widget = gui.currentPageWidget();
if (widget != null) { if (installer.isUninstaller()) { var result =
QMessageBox.question(qsTr("askifdeleteadditionalfiles.question", "Delete
additional Application Files?", "Do you want to remove Files like
Browser Cache and the Application Settings File?\n\nYour Personal
Documents are not affected, as long as they are saved in another
Location!", QMessageBox.Yes | QMessageBox.No));

if (result == QMessageBox.Yes)
{
print(qsTr("Deleting Additional Application Files..."));
installer.performOperation("Copy", "@HomeDir@\\AppData\\Local\\Oliver
Niebuhr\\*.*", "C:\\Temp\\");
//installer.performOperation("Move", "@HomeDir@\\AppData\\Local\\Oliver
Niebuhr\\", "C:\\Temp\\");
} } }
}

According to the Documentation, the QMessageBox is Modal by Default. So
need / no option to set it extra right?

I also tried:
* different Wizard Pages
* installer.isInstaller()
* installer.installationStarted()
* installer.installationFinished()
* installer.uninstallationFinished()
* installer.uninstallationStarted()

I use the pre-compiled Windows x86 Binary Package from download.qt.io
Yes I already searched the Interwebs (the QMessageBox Code is "heavy
influenced" by something I found in QtIFW Bug Report 495 in fact :)

Thank you for your time :)
Oliver