[Interest] [Development] Testing help needed

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Tue Apr 25 18:16:40 CEST 2017

Hi,

There were quite many people who expressed interest a few months ago to help in making the releases, so hopefully we get a lot of suggestions to better engage with the whole community for testing the releases.

Quite many are testing new Qt versions with their applications and reporting issues via bugreports. This is really valuable and we hope that with the new process of multiple betas available via the online installer this testing becomes even easier.

In addition we would like to have people to test new releases for wider functionality than just what their app needs. Optimally all, but that is of course not possible in practice.

We have automatic testing in place with quite good coverage, but in order to catch all the needed issues manual testing is still beneficial. This is what Jani is asking volunteers to help with.

The sooner we find issues to fix, the better. So time for testing is now.

Yours,

Tuukka