[Interest] I feel stupid: QStandardItem::insertRows: Ignoring duplicate insertion of item

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Wed Apr 26 11:24:24 CEST 2017

I found the culprit but not a solution yet:
When generating the list of items in my pre-process, I already parent
them to each other for use in a QTreeView, e.g.:
     cur_root_item.setChild(item_counter, cur_file_item)

Turns out I can't just show all items in a simple list ignoring their
parenting.
How would I go about this then if I need both a "flat" list for a report
print out and also tree view for the user to interact with, e.g.:

QListView would show (ignoring existing parenting):

  * itemA
  * itemB
  * itemC

QTreeView of the same model would show (based on previous parenting):
itemA
     |___itemB
             |____itemC

Do I need two models and communicate between them (e.g. if a user
renames an item)?
Or can this be achieved with a single model?

Thanks,
frank