[Interest] Qt and MSVC 2017

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 11:38:32 CEST 2017

>> I guessed that it something with DX, but I checked with DX all seems
>> to be ok. Guys do you use Windows 10 64 bit? Can you check if
>> multimediawidgets/camera example work for you with Qt 5.9 Beta 3 and
>> MSVC 2017, 2015, mingw 5.3.0?
>>
>> I have no idea what can be wrong. For example, camera works in Skype.
>> But in Qt it detects, initialized (I see green led near the camera),
>> but I don't see anything in viewfinder, just black screen.
>
> With plugins seems all to be ok...

I guess that I found the problem. It's seems that it's because of
missing API-MS-WIN-APPMODEL-RUNTIME-L1-1-2.DLL and so on, which is a
part of MSVC 2015 redistributible package (Am I right?).

I tried to install vcredist_msvc2015_x64.exe which ships with Qt. And I
got following error in installation:

0x80070666 - Another version of this product is already installed.
Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the
existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control
Panel.

I have installed vcredist 2013 and 2017, but not 2015 which fails to
install...

---
http://www.avg.com