[Interest] QOpenGLWindow or QOpenGLWidget if need to render to framebuffer?

Fan Kevin kevinfandroid at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 02:40:53 CEST 2017

Hi,
I was wondering between the difference between QOpenGLWindow and
QOpenGLWidget.
I read that
"OpenGLWindow renders directly to the given window, while QOpenGLWidget
renders to offscreen buffer that is then rendered to the widget"

I have to do some rendering to the framebuffer, as that is necessary for
displaying in Oculus Rift.
However, it seems unable to do so in our software which is built upon
QOpenGLWindow.
Is it possible to render to a framebuffer using QOpenGLWindow? or should I
use QOpenGLWidget?
Thank you.