[Interest] QML import

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Aug 3 01:24:48 CEST 2017

On Wednesday, 2 August 2017 16:01:36 PDT Sergio Martins wrote:
> On 2017-08-02 13:26, Igor Mironchik wrote:
> > I got the solution - for QML and QRC friendship the only solution is
> > to use QRC urls...
>
> This is a recurring mistake people make, perhaps we could
> assert(!url.startsWith(":/")) or at least a warning in debug mode,
> inside qurl.cpp.
> Actually, I ran KDE once with such assert and found many bugs.

It's not an invalid URL, so I'm loathe to add a warning for something that you
may be completely in the right to use.

But file paths with colons before the first slash are problematic. The following
produces an invalid QUrl:

	QUrl u;
	u.setPath(":/foo");

but it suddenly becomes valid if you set a scheme:

	u.setScheme("file");