[Interest] Mac: a bit of 10.9 love

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 14:03:29 CEST 2017

On Friday August 04 2017 11:53:24 Jean-Michaël Celerier wrote:

10.4 and 10.6 were actually among the nicest versions of the OS; I went from the former to the latter when my PPC Powerbook died and I had to get a Macintel and moved to 10.9 only when the 10.6 SDKs really started to lack too many features to support the software I need.

I've started to think about upgrading a couple of times now, but each time Apple had a new release waiting to hit the shelves causing me to postpone (I just won't upgrade to an X.0 or X.1 OS version).

>I personally have a sizeable chunk of my users stuck on OS X 10.6 because
>of some high-end (5k$ & more) audio software / hardware that they use in
>their recording studio which stopped working on later versions of this damn
>OS...

There are also people still stuck on 10.7 because their hardware won't run anything newer. I'm glad in that light that I've had the opportunity to invest in an MBP with room to grow in 2011; the only thing that's starting to show its age is the HD3000 GPU I'm stuck with.

R.