[Interest] QtWebEngine on i.MX6 eglfs

Filip Piechocki fpiechocki at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 22:13:35 CEST 2017

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Michal Klocek <michal.klocek at qt.io> wrote:

> Hi
>
> The problem is that your qtwebenigne build is not detected as embedded
> build, which means it is not configured for cross compilation. You have
> couple of options to fix it:
>
> 1) in configure line use instead of platform -xplatform
> 2) or better use -sysroot, -device and device -option (see
> mkspecs/devices/ for supported list of devices)
>
> ./configure -prefix <your prefix> -release  -device linux-imx6-g++
> -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=<your toolchain path>
> -sysroot <your sysroot path>

But, as said, I am compiling on the i.MX6 device so I am _not_ cross
compiling as I would like to be able to compile our software (which uses
Qt) on the device in docker image.
I would be really happy to be able to cross compile Qt as the compilation
time would not take dozen hours - but then the tools (qmake etc) are
compiled only for the host system while I need them on the target system as
well - maybe there is such an option to have them there, is it?

> 3) configure build explicitly with embedded feature
> -feature-embedded

So I wold probably go with this approach.