[Interest] QtWebEngine on i.MX6 eglfs

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Tue Aug 15 12:18:03 CEST 2017

On Dienstag, 15. August 2017 02:13:44 CEST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Monday, 14 August 2017 13:13:35 PDT Filip Piechocki wrote:
> > I would be really happy to be able to cross compile Qt as the compilation
> > time would not take dozen hours - but then the tools (qmake etc) are
> > compiled only for the host system while I need them on the target system
> > as
> > well - maybe there is such an option to have them there, is it?
>
> There isn't, but why do you want that? Those tools are only useful if you're
> going to build something on that device. If you're cross-compiling, by
> definition you're not building on the device.

You might want to cross compile Qt or most of Qt, but have other projects you
want to build locally.

I for one would love such a feature for testing builds on various build
configuration. So I can cross-build most of Qt, but ensure that we can still
build the module I am testing, on such an architecture, not just for it.

'Allan