[Interest] 32bits builds on 64bits Linux platform

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 03:02:31 CEST 2017

On 27 August 2017 at 01:06, Jean-Michaël Celerier
<jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd say that the simplest is to spin up a 32-bit docker image corresponding
> to your OS and do the build on it.

I didn't consider docker, but i did consider a 32 bits chroot and a 32 bits VM.
The reason i didn't go this way is that i was afraid that I might
build Qt successfully on such a setup, but the resulting binaries
might not run on a 32/64 bits environment. eg, issue with hard-coded
path to binaries, ...

I don't know if might concerns are right thought.

My rational for choosing to build a 32 bits Qt on the 64bits machine
was that if i can successfully build Qt and successfully run its test
suites, then there would be no reason why my 32 bits apps would fail
to build/run (if i ignore extra dependencies)...

Chris