[Interest] VNC/QPA on Mac

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 18:28:34 CEST 2017

On Tuesday August 29 2017 15:45:27 Sergio Martins wrote:

> Looking at the git history:

>      tested with so unless there is a need for other platforms to be
> hosting
>      applications over VNC we should limit it to only being built on unix
>      platforms that are not Android, or Darwin.

OK, thanks, that's more or less what I thought. Not that I think there's a big risk of anyone using this by accident ;)
It could provide an alternative to running Qt apps on remote X11 displays (doesn't work very well) and to running a full desktop VNC (cumbersome if the remote host runs at a much higher resolution than the client).

It's a bit annoying on Mac that you need to code-sign applications that you want to use this with, or else authorise them to go through the firewall each time (for some reason that setting doesn't "stick" anymore).

R.