[Interest] Cross-platform alternatives to Apple App Store?

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 06:14:28 CET 2017

Hi!

While this may or may not pertain directly to Qt, does anyone have any experience with a cross platform alternative to the Apple App Store? Hopefully something that plays well with Qt, or at least doesn’t break it?

I am at least looking for in-app subscription purchases for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Windows mobile.

Apple does take a large cut from Apple store purchases, but I am mostly discouraged by the idea of re-releasing an app on different bloody store workflows. I figured better to offer a free exe download and then just sell subscription tiers in the app.

Thanks,
-Patrick