[Interest] How to determine the SystemTray screen ?

qt.dantec at free.fr qt.dantec at free.fr
Mon Dec 4 19:23:53 CET 2017

For an app where users have several screens, not physically located
next to each other, I need to launch some control windows from the
system tray menu, using QSystemTrayIcon.

At this moment, I see no way to determine on which screen number and
where on that screen the system tray is located, in order to display
information right next to it. On the contrary, if I open a window, it
can appear on any screen, possibly far away for the QSystemTrayIcon
screen.

Any way to make that happen in an OS independent way ?

Quentin