[Interest] QFile fails on Windows when screen is locked with message "device not open"?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Dec 6 17:11:27 CET 2017

On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 04:58:32 PST Shantanu Tushar wrote:
> Most likely the "device not open" message is being output when you
> call `.exists()` on the file, followed by your qDebug.

Right, it's the exists() call that causes it.

I don't think that message comes from Qt. I can't find it , at least. Where
are you seeing it?

Qt calls GetFileAttributesEx and FindFirstFile in response to .exists().
Somehow those functions, when in a callback to EnumDisplayMonitors, don't
behave properly.