[Interest] qt.git: broken v5.6.0 .gitmodules?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Dec 10 08:01:41 CET 2017

On sábado, 9 de dezembro de 2017 22:00:24 PST Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> > Correct, the branches don't exist anymore. The commits still do.
>
> Is it me or this is a serious issue?

It's just you. The commits still exist and that's all that counts.

> I need linux-32 custom build of Qt-5.6.x (and Qt-5.9.x), first Qt-5.6
> dropped support for linux-32, and now the Qt Company/Project broke
> branch/tag git build!

Linux 32-bit builds are still supported, even in Qt 5.10. We don't create
binaries for them because of the small percentage of people who need them, but
they are supported.

The build is not broken and nor is the tag.

> I think there's a issue with other submodules that point to 'master'
> instead of '5.6.0':
>  - qtrepotools
>  - qtqa
>  - qtfeedback
>  - qtdocgallery

Those have never been part of any Qt release. That's why they are still
"master".

> > I tried to change the branch to "." (which means "same as the
> > supermodule")
> > but that broke some scripts that I don't use and don't have any interest
> > in
> > fixing, so we keep changing the branch names.
> >
> > If anyone is interested in fixing init-repository, I'd be very thankful.
>
> Sorry, I gave up Perl, ages ago.

I still use Perl, all the time. I don't use init-repository.

Try using git submodule init && git submodule update instead.