[Interest] qt.git: broken v5.6.0 .gitmodules?

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 23:50:33 CET 2017

On 10/12/2017 9:53 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sábado, 9 de dezembro de 2017 23:43:31 PST Christian Gagneraud wrote:
>>> The build is not broken and nor is the tag.
>>
>> Something is broken for sure.
>
> Yes, the script is. No one has volunteered to fix it.
>
> The source code is fine.
>
>>  From http://wiki.qt.io/Building_Qt_5_from_Git:
>> --------------------------
>> In order to build a specific release of Qt, you can checkout the desired
>> tag:
>>
>> $ cd qt5
>> $ git checkout v5.8.0
>> $ perl init-repository
>> --------------------------
>>
>> This doesn't work anymore.
>
> Don't use init-repository.
>
> Use git submodule. Or just download the sources that match this tag.

I'm thinking about downloading the source archives, but i'm not sure if
they contain absolutely everything, like:
- I need webengine from qt
- I need (ideally) qbs from qtc.

For those interested, here is my (WIP) docker project:
https://gitlab.com/chgans/qtcreator-x86_32-docker-image

I'm planning to add Qt-5.9 too.

As a side note: My point about ini-repository broken script is that it
is a very bad experience as a paid-customer. Luckily i'm all in for the
"Qt Project/company", but new customer might be disappointed when they
realise that the build instructions/systems are out of date and/or broken.

Chris