[Interest] Is there a QML way for doing web requests? Just for data, not for rendering.

Pierre-Yves Siret py.siret at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 09:49:53 CET 2017

I guess you could easily make a higher level component (only for JSON
though) by combining CuteHack's DuperAgent and
https://github.com/benlau/qsyncable (the QML JsonListModel should be
enough).
If you update your json data, QSyncable will update it and won't issue a
whole modelReset signal, it will analyse it and just emits the necessary
dataChanged, rowInserted/Removed signals.

If you want more features, such as being able to work with XML (and you
don't want the vanilla Qt XmlListModel), using the c++ part of QSyncable
seems like a good idea.
It's really usefull when you get full model updates from outside.