[Interest] QWaylandCompositor showFullScreen at app startup

Johannes Pointner h4nn35.work at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 11:28:07 CET 2017

Hello,

I noticed that when I try to show an app fullscreen at startup that it
loses its decorations but doesn't go fullscreen(maximized) (I enabled
QT_WAYLAND_USE_XDG_SHELL).
But if I delay the showFullScreen with a QTimer singelshot it works fine.
Is it not possible with Wayland to show an app fullscreen at startup?
I'm using Qt5.8, Arch Linux and the qwindow-compositor example.

I have seen that in the delay call version I get an explicit call to
setFullScreen.

Thx,
Hannes