[Interest] QSslSocket warnings on a non-SSL HTTP connection in Qt 5.8 (Windows)

Thomas Sevaldrud thomas at silentwings.no
Fri Feb 3 09:31:55 CET 2017

Hi, I recently upgraded to Qt 5.8 on windows 10, and my application
suddenly started spewing out warnings like these:

   qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function DH_free

   qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function d2i_DHparams

I'm doing regular HTTP requests using QNetworkRequest and QNetworkReply. I
understand that these warnings indicate that I don't have the correct SSL
dll's available, but I don't really want to use SSL on this connection at
all, and this has not been an issue in earlier Qt versions.

Any ideas?

- Thomas