[Interest] QML async/await support?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Feb 3 17:42:55 CET 2017

> Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 at 3:40 PM
> From: "Samuel Gaist" <samuel.gaist at edeltech.ch>
> To: "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>
> Cc: "interestqt-project.org" <interest at qt-project.org>
> Subject: Re: [Interest] QML async/await support?
>

> > On 2 Feb 2017, at 18:02, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
> >
> > When will QML get proper async/await support? I'm not using Promises, since my callback hell is manageable, but I do look forward to async/await.
>
> Hi,
>
> Looking for something like https://github.com/benlau/quickpromise ?

Thanks but promises are a fad, created because of a lack of async/await. Their replacement is async/await. As of July '16, they were committed to ECMAscript 2017. At the January '17 meeting the final ECMAscript 2017 featureset was announced whose major features are async/await and shared mem & atomics.

The JS community has been using async/await via babel for some time. Python is also moving to async/await, with 3.5 introducing and 3.6 completing support for async/await.

Given that the future is here, that's why I was asking. I think (I'm very not sure) that V4 would have to be modified for async/await. Given the relative enthusiasm for async/await I was wondering if it was scheduled for V4.