[Interest] 5.8.0: "Could not find feature posix_fallocate" in sqlite.pri on Windows

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Feb 5 19:33:49 CET 2017

On domingo, 5 de fevereiro de 2017 13:51:36 PST mail at herrdiel.de wrote:
> I am also unsure about what "configure" you mean and how I should rerun
> it - is it an SQLite thing, is it a Qt configuration or do you mean the
> configuration of new kits? Googling this lead me to believe, those steps
> might relate to *building* Qt, which I never did.

Qt's configure. It's in the qtbase dir or the top-level. You choose which one
to run.

It's also where it creates a config.cache file.

> What I did was to
> -> run C:\Qt\5.8\Src\configure.bat - with the following result:
>              + cd qtbase
>              + C:\Qt\5.8\Src\qtbase\configure.bat -top-level
>              Please wait while bootstrapping configure ...
>              <srcbase> = C:/Qt/5.8/Src/qtbase
>              <outbase> = C:/Qt/5.8/Src/qtbase
>              Der Befehl "mingw32-make" ist entweder falsch geschrieben
> oder konnte nicht gefunden werden. [The command "mingw32-make" was
> either misspelled or couldn't be found]
> -> delete the pro.user

Did you manage to get the rest of Qt compiled? When you talked about a sqlite
problem, I was assuming that you tried to compile everything and it succeeded
up until the point in the build that it tries to compile sqlite. Is that not
the case?

If it's not, explain what you're trying to do.

The error above indicates that you do not have a compiler installed. You can
only compile if you have a compiler... (on Windows, it implies changing the
environment variables so that they are picked up -- that's something you need
to do, no Qt).