[Interest] Creating a hover form over a QGraphicsView

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:10:33 CET 2017

On sábado, 4 de febrero de 2017 10:19:34 ART Ch'Gans wrote:
> On 4 February 2017 at 07:55, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
>
> <perezmeyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi! I am creating a hover form over a QGraphicsView widget. For starters I
> > used designer to create a QWidget with all the necessary hover form
> > widgets in it. Then I created a grid layout, added the hover form to it
> > and finally added it to the QGraphicsView widget. As I expected the hover
> > form appears over the QGraphicsView.
> >
> > As the application runs on a touchscreen I was asked to let the user
> > scroll it using her fingers... The above approach doesn't allows that as
> > all the events end up in the widget containing the hover form.
> >
> > How could I achive a hover form over a QGraphicsView but letting the user
> > scroll the QGView with her fingers?
>
> Hi
>
> I don't know what an "hover form" is supposed to be or do,

Think of it as "widgets over a QGraphicsView", statically placed.

> but maybe
> QWidget::setAttribute(Qt::WA_TransparentForMouseEvents) could help in
> your case.

This indeed seems the right way to go, I'll try it. Thanks!!!

--
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses.
Every single time.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/