[Interest] Qt in browser with emscripten

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Sun Feb 12 16:01:16 CET 2017

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 4:51 PM, Kai Dohmen via Interest
<interest at qt-project.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just want to ask if there is the attempt to make Qt ready to use in
> browser via emscripten (and wasm). I found a blogpost from 2015 which
> announced the "Qt for Native Client" (Chrome sandbox). Are there further
> attempts or does the projects lie idle?

In 2013, there was a running port of Qt and KDE to emscripten, see:
https://kate-editor.org/2013/03/16/kate-vim-mode-papercuts-bonus-emscripten-qt-stuff/
http://vps2.etotheipiplusone.com:30176/redmine/projects/emscripten-qt/wiki/Demos

In one demo, the text editor Kate runs in the browser, see:
http://vps2.etotheipiplusone.com:30176/redmine/emscripten-qt-examples/kate-testing/kate.html

Not sure about the current state, though.

CC: Simon

Greetings,
Dominik