[Interest] What's the best way to play youtube videos? (android/iOs/windows)

Bernhard B schluchti at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 19:59:58 CET 2017

Hi,

I would like to play youtube videos directly in my application. Has someone
already done that and can give me some tips on how to accomplish that?

I already tried to use QML's MediaPlayer with the mp4 URL (extracted with
the Youtube API) as source, but unfortunately that doesn't work.

Another possibility would probably be to use the WebView and play the video
in fullscreen mode, but I am not sure if that works on all platforms and if
I can also embed the video in other QML components that way (haven't tested
it yet).

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Bernhard